You’d be hard-pressed to find a landlord who got really excited after he placed a tenant and then discovered that tenant has a history of eviction, bad credit, and a criminal record. Not the kind of person you want living on your property! Proper screening of potential renters is important for every landlord and property manager, and it’s essential to understand the process, the verification, and the necessity.
The Need for Tenant Screening Services
As a landlord, it’s impossible to process these types of screenings on your own. There are many companies that offer them, but which ones offer the most information at a fair price? You need to screen your potential tenants, or you run the risk of non-payment, property damage, eviction, or other legal hassles. Not the best things to deal with when it comes to your property and your money!
Investing on a quality screening will reduce that risk, but maybe you don’t need every report available. Depending on your location or your property, there are many different options when it comes to reports. Basic screenings will include an eviction report and a credit check, but more exhaustive checks can dive deeper into your applicant’s background.
Deeper tenant screening reports can include:
- National Criminal Records Search – comprehensive criminal check showing felonies, misdemeanors, sex offenses and more at county and state level
- Evictions Search – searches millions of records in areas where applicant has lived
- National Sex Offender Search – based on sex offender registries in all 50 states
- SSN Validation – report will return a social security number as “valid” or “invalid” by the Social Security Administration. Valid numbers will also be returned with the year and state it was issued. A search is also done within the Social Security Death Index.
- OFAC/Patriot Act Search – includes information from government agencies to determine if the individual has been added to any terrorist watch lists.
By thoroughly checking the applicant background, you can avoid the hassles and damages of a bad tenant. With so many different reports available, the best tenant screening allow you to pick and choice which reports you need. At Tenant Screening Center, we provide these background reports to property managers and private landlords. Depending on the screenings you need, you can choose the reports best suited to your property and your potential tenant.
TSC is ready to help you with your tenant screening needs and will provide the depth and in-depth reports you need to make a wise decision when choosing your new renter. For the best screening services nationwide, visit our website and choose the plan that works best for your property!
Landlords Property Managers Contact TSCI